Thursday, March 17, 2005

Phd at 24?

I did some catching up with my friends last nite. I met up with friends from high scool that i havent met for a very long time, some for years. Its good to be catching up with everybody and it seems that everyone is doing fine in their lives, most working and there is one that is doing his PHD now. Wow or what, at my age he is already doing his Phd and by a few years time he will have the title Dr in front of his name. These days people are getting smarter and they are achieving things young. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I dun know but at least there will be a negative effect of burnout for some people ( like Owen in Liverpool last time). It will be subjective and the debate will stretch far but for now I'm proud that at least some friend of mine is doing the country and the society some good ( hope so ) by getting his doctorate researching on Fuel Cells ( holy crap i have no idea what it means). As for me , the time will come....one day.

No comments: