Sunday, July 24, 2005

Hopes and dreams - My American Dream

What a week it has been, Audiowarfare on Thursday night and lotsa talks on the street on AP's and other political stuff that dont matter to me. Theres also talks of dreams of going abroad to start a new life and most of the time Australia and UK come up tops as choice destination. Deep inside me, i have always dreamt of going to the United States (where dreams can come true) and make it big there, to live the American Dream just like most immigrants that arrive at Lady Liberty's doorstep at NY Harbor once a upon a time long ago. At this moment of time, i'm a bit hesitant of that dream. It seems that right here in Malaysia i might just get a little lucky if i try hard enough and might just end up rich. Also the global situation is just not so conducive for living in the big US of A ( Damn that Redneck President!)
Sighs, bad timing that all these has to happen now when i am eager to venture out and when i have nothing to lose. Or do i have everything to lose? I dunno. But if a better life quality that i am seeking, then the bold move must be made no matter what. The only stumbling block is recognition, a degree from MMu just dont cut out outside Malaysia, know what mean? So my ticket will be an Internationally recognized qualification which i have to take in the near future.
So there's my plan for my hope and dreams. I have a dream but as always the opportunity costs are just to difficult to calculate. Or maybe its time for me to sleep?

No comments: