Thursday, February 17, 2005

Old habits die hard

I have never felt beaten in a very long time but today, i was beaten by the burden of expectations and by the scorching heat of sun in the morning. I thought i was tough, i thought i have seen it all, but in the end its all but a thought lost in words. Never was i being dragged to the threshold of my limits such as what has happened.

I was a drained man by 4pm as the day was quite hectic and all my backlogs hit me all at the same time. But like a gift from the gods, heaven poured like nothing else and wash my bloodied mind and brought back the life in me. I was renewed and had regained my lost strength with the whirlwind of rain that blowed at me. Refreshed, a new ordeal awaits me as i got back to action. The very ghost i wanted bury has returned to haunt me. Since my final semester in MMU, i have being dying to run away from being thrown the responsibilty to handle a team. I have had my share of the disappointments and frustrations of being the leader, the one that decides. I want to leave all that behind, no more responsibilities and for once i want to be the sheep not the shepard. But why today i was called by the boss to be part of a forum discussing team problems. They turned to me and a few more for solutions as they said we are the cream of the crop. The others can be the cream of the crop, but for heaven's sake leave me out. Why is it when I work hard and be a humble person that everyone connects with, i'll be singled out for the limelight. Why is it they cant just leave alone and find another smart ass instead?

In the end, i cant run anymore from it. I paid for my sins of being hardworking, of being smart and of being friendly. I guess old habits die hard. This i can assure, i cant lose because to some I am a genius and that fact alone will be my only motivation to complete any task given. Who am i? I am shinobi.

1 comment:

Mathan said...

Don, remember man. However much we joked about it. In 10 years, i feel we would be at a point of our lives where the pleasures of life won't be denied us. If u can rise above the rest and be thrust into the limelight. Just do it.
Remember, that if u control it u can make it all seem perfect like clockwork as compared to letting some other half-baked ass control it and seeing everything crumble around you. (seeing ur comrades die isn't funny during a mission, u know)
Rise...and Shine, my friend!